Friday, April 5, 2013

Updates on the cooking

Okay, so I cooked up a storm yesterday (and then furiously did dishes today because I couldn't even use my faucet to fill my Brita...). Here's a little update on how it all went!

Mini apple pies- AWESOME! I made them pretty close to the original recipe I posted, except I added ground cloves in with the spices because I didn't think that just cinnamon and nutmeg would be enough spice for my liking. I also used a little ravioli cutter outer thing that I used to form the pasta for ravioli to cut out the top dough. It turned out really great and they were a huge hit with everyone that's had one so far! In fact, of the 12 that I made yesterday there are only 5 left. And I only had 1 lol.

Crock Pot Minestrone Soup - super delicious! I think next time I would add a few different kinds of beans (and more of them) because it was a little... vegetable-y. Don't get me wrong, I like veggies, but I like my minestrone to be a little heartier than just a veggie soup.

Chicken Fried Rice - A giant hit! My dad ate a whole bowl in like 2 minutes, he said it was really awesome! I only had a bite of this because it was the last thing I made and holy COW I was full, but it tasted alright to me. I didn't have sesame oil to cook the veggies with, so I used olive oil with a splash of sesame seed oil. Then at the end I added a little more sesame seed oil and also some white pepper to spice it up. Overall, a great recipe. Very quick and easy too, which I liked.

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas - I ended up making these yesterday because I wanted them for lunch and none of the other stuff I made was cooking fast enough lol. They were awesomeeee!! Like, I had them for breakfast again this morning, awesome. Creamy and tasty and good. I used medium green sauce because I'm a sissy, but I honestly would have used the hot type if I made them again. The cream cheese really toned down the sauce and it wasn't very mexican food-ish.

I took a few pictures, probably not as many as I should have, but I also don't know how to upload them... so that's something for me to work on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment